Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Joy of Pregnancy...

My last pregnancy was almost text book (except for the major heartburn and slight anemia) right down to the labour and birth. This one not so much.. I don't have major problems (no bed rest etc) but I just don't feel that "pregnancy joy". Not because I am not happy to be pregnant. It is just very hard when every waking moment is filled with nausea or vomiting...or both. It is so bad that I am on day 5 of trying to finish this post. 
I am on the maximum dose of diclectin (when I remember to take it) and I have even resorted to a prescription multivitamin (pregvit) to help reduce the irritation on my stomach. I could go on another anti-nausea medication but I don't like the idea of being on so many medications (yah irony, seeing as I happen to be the one who hands out pills for a living) but it is mostly because I am pregnant. 
So what are my options??
I went on a hunt to see what else I can try out (I will also admit that I know very little about the "natural options" out there..so bear with me if the small things amuse/wow me. :D)  The options I found included: acupuncture (and acupressure), physio (or chiropractic), reflexology, homeopathy, and aromatherapy. I have plans for trying out at least a few of these options and hopefully either one (or a few together) may help reduce this nausea. So with a little research I hope to have a post up about some (but hopefully most) of these options in the next month or so. It might take me some time as I have to travel to the city for most if not all remedies (which may be difficult between my work schedule). I will also disclose that I am not writing these posts as a health professional but as a pregnant lady who is at her wits ends of how to deal with her most annoying pregnancy side effect. Therefore do not take what I write as the gospel it is just what I experienced.

Lots of Bunny-Hugs
Cecette

No comments:

Post a Comment