Sunday, March 7, 2010

a new schedule...or routine...

Hi again!

Sorry to those who read my blog for the lack of posts. It has been a very busy and hectic month. I have been learning this whole mom role and hit a few hiccups along the way. We have been trying the baby whisperer ideas of scheduling and I don't think Hannah liked the change in routine...falling asleep while eating was nicer compared to falling asleep with just being held and put in a crib.

So I plan to, every so often, post how Hannah and I are making out with our baby whispering. We have only been following the E.A.S.Y. method for three days now, so not much to report thus far.

I am still trying to figure out what kind of child I have on my hands (I think I am leaning towards a Spirited; but I think Hannah is just developing her personality). For those who have never read The Baby Whisperer (or the book I read "The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems" all by Tracy Hogg) Tracy mentions five broad temperaments: Angel, Textbook, Touchy, Spirited, and Grumpy.

So what is a Spirited? (all the below ideas are from Tracy Hogg's book
"The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems")

Eating:
Good eater but can be impatient (yah this is Hannah, she crys when she is hungry but continues with this impatient grunt even well into the feed).

Activities:
"high energy, feisty, and active" (page 59
)...Hannah to a T.

Sleep:
Hate to be swaddled (well that depends on the day) and you need to block out visual stimulation (yup!). Also they are resistant to naps (not only resistant but only will take short ones at the moment)

Mood:
vocal (if she is awake then usually she is making some kind of sound), goes quickly from happy to sad and back again (yup!), and loves action but overdoes it some times (along with the sounds comes a lot of movement all the time).

To read about Spirited kids or to read the other temperaments you can pick up one of Tracy Hogg's books or join their forum.



No comments:

Post a Comment