Thursday, May 6, 2010

Getting Motivated With New Ideas

I normally talk about cloth diapers (and a little about my daughter...or maybe that should be a lot). But I have found myself a little less then motivated when it comes to making meals. This in turn has made for a few weeks of unhealthy eating which does nothing to add energy and again de-motivated me.

So I decided that I will try one new dish (that I have never ever cooked before) each week. Maybe if I tried new things I can get back into the groove of cooking again. As I will need more motivation when it comes time for our little bunny to start eating (we are going to attempt baby-led weaning...which I was shocked to hear our public health nurses are looking into and maybe starting to promote...but that is another story for a different time). Which unless she shows real interest I plan on holding off till at least she is 6-8 months.

This week I actually did two new dishes!
The first was from the most amazing food blog called Mennonite Girls Can Cook. It is called Spaetzle and both my husband and I really enjoyed it. In fact I actually really enjoyed making the dish it was new and exciting! Spaetzle tasted some what like a pasta and I would definitely make it again. The only thing was that I didn't have that handy Spaetzle maker so used a flat grater and a spatula. This worked out quite well but I think I need to use a grater next time that has smaller openings...my Spaetzle was a little thicker then what they have in the picture. But it still tasted great!!
The second was Tapioca pudding...which yes I have never ever in my life made. This one was harder to do mostly due to the fact that I thought of something to make and then had to find the recipe. I settled on this recipe due to the fact that it has no sugar (as my husband has diabetes...so only the carbs from Tapioca has to be counted). I thought the recipe was ok but it took a lot of time standing at the stove stirring as I didn't want to burn it on my first attempt. My husband said it tasted good but I think next time I would use bigger tapioca balls.
So those were my two attempts at a new dish...if anyone has dishes they think I would like to try please send them along!

TTYL!

P.S
Sorry no pictures this time...I will have to remember that for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment